Old Gold & Black clubs align with the traditional Gold P program. The clubs display a high level of organization and performance. Old Gold & Black clubs receive additional PFLF support and resources. To be considered for Old Gold & Black, the following qualifications must be met:
Fulfill Annual Requirements
- Adhere to the alumni club agreement.
- Observe Purdue’s Statement of Integrity and Volunteer Expectations
- Host 3 events for all alumni, friends, and fans in the club’s geographical area.
Additional support from PFLF for One Brick Higher in FY 2023-24
- Engagement funds
- Scholarship funds
- Choice of 1 club-identity item
- 1 Purdue-themed item from the scholarship fundraising collection.
Fulfill Annual Event Requirements
- Participate in Purdue Day of Giving
- Host a Purdue Day of Service event (not required in FY 2022-23)
- Maintain an active scholarship program
- Host 5 additional events per year, not including game watches.
Conduct Two Events That Supports Alumni Engagement
- Partner with PFLF’s life-long learning for an event.
- Work with the Purdue Alumni Recruitment for Tomorrow.
- Host an event or program that engages alumni families in your community (not student send-off).
- Host an event or program targeting young alumni and recent graduates
- Coordinate a community service project to support a local organization
- Partner with campus-entity on a program. Submit the speaker request form.
- Host a professional networking event.
- Host an intellectual activity (special-interest events, arts, etc).
Conduct Two of the Following Outreach Initiatives
- Partner with a PFLF affinity group to host an event that engages diverse alumni in your community.
- Participate in educational outreach programs with local schools or community organizations, such as tutoring or service-learning programs.
- Coordinate an event in partnership with another local organization or another college/university’s local alumni club.
- Participate in Purdue Ties alumni club pilot program. (Coming Spring 2022)
- Partner with PFLF’s Volunteerism and Outreach and/or International Engagement and Alumni Travel programs. (In development.)