See below for a complete schedule of conference events. All times are Eastern. Please note that this schedule is subject to change.
Networking Welcome Reception
Hosted by the Purdue Alumni Entrepreneurship Network
• Erik Miller (T’99), Winemaker and Owner, Kokomo Winery
Transportation will be provided between the Convergence Center and our two Entrepreneurial Alumni Reunion hotels.
The History and Vision of Purdue Innovates
Introducing Purdue Innovates, a streamlined system providing innovators support and resources for technology commercialization, intellectual property protection and licensing, enterprise creation, and venture capital.
• Moderator: Brooke Beier (BME’08, MS BME’10, PhD BME’11), Senior Vice President, Purdue Innovates
In just two short campaigns, the Purdue women’s basketball team has begun the process to return to the national stage. Coach Gearlds has established a new culture, revamped recruiting, and reconnected with the alumnae and fan bases. Drawing from her experiences on and off the court, she kicks off the day with Boilermaker spirit and inspiration.
• Katie Gearlds (LA’07), Head Coach, Purdue Women’s Basketball
Women in Entrepreneurship Panel
A panel of founders celebrates women in entrepreneurship as they engage in a candid conversation around the unique experiences of women and nonbinary individuals in the innovation ecosystem.
• Emily Liggett (ChE’77), Founder and CEO, Liggett Advisors
• Beth Bostwick (M’89), Founder, Mainn
• Nikeytha “Nickey” Ramsey (HHS’14), Founder, Junobie
Purdue Innovates Presentations
The Purdue innovation community comprises many organizations that holistically support Purdue innovators. Hear from the Burton D. Morgan Center for Entrepreneurship, Anvil, John Martinson Entrepreneurial Center, Office of Technology Commercialization, Incubator, Startup Foundry, Silicon Valley Boilermaker Innovation Group, and Purdue Alumni Entrepreneurship Network.
• Nathalie Duval-Couetil (MS EDU’99, PhD EDU’05), Burton D. Morgan Center for Entrepreneurship
• Cagri Savran, John Martinson Entrepreneurial Center
• Abhijit Karve, Office of Technology Commercialization
• Justin Renfrow, Incubator
• Tyler Mantel (ME’13, ChE’13), Startup Foundry: Purdue Angels
• John Boyle (ECE’80), Silicon Valley Boilermaker Innovation Group
Rising Purdue Technologies
The Office of Technology Commercialization and Incubator uncover exciting emerging Purdue technologies.
• Abhijit Karve, Director of Business Development, Office of Technology Commercialization
• Justin Renfrow, Director, Incubator
• Philip Low, Presidential Scholar for Drug Discovery and the Ralph C. Corley Distinguished Professor of Chemistry
Lunch Buffet and Keynote
In this intimate discussion, Purdue University President Mung Chiang, Bill Elmore, and John Martinson explore the role of educational institutions within the innovation ecosystem and the importance of investing in the future of Boilermaker innovation.
• Mung Chiang, President, Purdue University
• Bill Elmore (ECE’75, MS ECE’76), General Partner, Handshake Ventures
• John Martinson (MS AAE’71), Managing Partner, Edison Ventures
Purdue Innovation Startup Showcase
The showcase features rapid three-minute pitches from top venture-ready startups and the opportunity to engage with their expo booths before casting a vote for your favorite. The two startups with the most votes will be invited back for the Startup Power Pitch on Saturday to compete for investment.
Showcase Continues and Networking
A panel of experienced venture capitalists takes the stage to discuss the current status of the VC landscape, trends, challenges, and the importance of venture funding for early-stage and growth-stage startups.
• Moderator: Madison Sowards, Venture Community Manager, Startup Foundry
• Christopher “Toph” Day (T’92), CEO, Elevate Ventures
• Curtis McKee (ECE’01), Partner, Third Point Ventures
Alumni Exits Panel with Socio and Adranos
Boilermakers have a long history of thinking big and pushing the boundaries of innovation. Joe Watkins and Brielle Terry have carried that Boilermaker spirit through successful startup exits. In this candid conversation, they share their lived experiences of scaling their ventures from idea to exit.
• Moderator: Stacey Burr (IE’84, MS M’91), Founder and President, Future Standard Inc.
• Joe Watkins, Socio
• Brielle Terry (MS AAE’15, PhD AAE’15), Adranos
Brian Edelman concludes the day with a reflection on innovation at Purdue.
• Brian Edelman (MS M’84), President, Purdue Research Foundation
Hosted beer, wine, and mixed cocktails
Startup Power Pitch
In this final-round pitch competition, the top two startups that received the most votes from Friday’s showcase compete for investment. This engaging pitch competition features a live Q&A from a panel of expert judges before the winner is announced.
• Jim Bullard, Dr. Samuel R. Allen Dean of the Mitchell E. Daniels, Jr. School of Business and Distinguished Professor of Service