This club is – to the best of our knowledge—the fourth club to call Dayton, Ohio its home. In the 1910’s a group of Purdue alumni gathered; in 1919 they sent Purdue a resolution by airplane (piloted by the first Purdue graduate to land at Purdue) calling for the University to establish a School of Aviation Engineering at Purdue. In the 1960s, a group of alumni gathered together at the Barnsider Restaurant; the proprietor was a big Purdue fan and has been recognized by Al Stewart and President Hovde. And again, in the 1970s or early 1980s a group of alumni formed a club that eventually died out.
The current club was established in the late 1987. In 1998, under the leadership of Phi Fretz, the club incorporated itself, rewrote its bylaws and applied to the IRS for recognition as a 501(c) 3 public charity. The club was granted that status in 1999 and today still operates under the same bylaws.
Applications are due by March 1 and will be awarded on or before May 1 for the upcoming academic year.
We hope to hear from you soon! Hail Purdue!
Purdue for Life Foundation