About President’s Council
Giving is in the University’s DNA. John Purdue led the way with his original gift of $150,000 in 1869. Following his example, the President’s Council family has set the gold (and black) standard for private giving at Purdue since 1972.
You become a President’s Council family member by virtue of your loyalty and leadership gifts of at least $1,000 each year or $84 per month—gifts that support whatever your personal Purdue passions may be. In addition to your annual gifts, lifetime membership in President’s Council is achieved when giving reaches at least $50,000 through cash gifts or planned giving.
The President’s Council family roster reads like a Purdue Who’s Who: astronauts, Nobel Prize laureates, World Food Prize recipients, Super Bowl quarterbacks, university presidents, inventors, engineers, authors, aviators, Academy Award winners, corporate leaders, cutting-edge entrepreneurs, alumni, hundreds of Purdue faculty, staff members, and people like you. There’s something for the entire family across the generations of the Purdue faithful—with alumni members from the classes of the 1930s to recent graduates.
Together, the President’s Council family represents a tradition of support that ensures Purdue’s ongoing excellence. The generosity of our family of kindred spirits allows the University to deliver higher education at the highest proven value by creating new scholarships, increasing faculty support, funding cutting-edge facilities and innovative programs, and keeping a Purdue education affordable.
- Pregame events for home football games
- Future football bowl events
- Joint events with campus partners
- Regional events and dinners on campus
- Back to Class sessions on campus and in Naples, Florida
- Exclusive annual Purdue family cruises and trips
- Official President’s Council name badge to wear at all Purdue events
- Access to special videos
- Access to current news happening on campus
- Exclusive President’s Council merchandise
- Exciting new travel adventures and opportunities with the President’s Council family
- Access to the private President’s Council Facebook group
- Three John Purdue Club priority points to those who give $1,000 or more to Purdue Athletics
- Parking permit when visiting campus, up to four times per year (excludes Purdue employees)—contact us to receive this benefit
- Free admission to the Córdova Recreational Sports Center (Co-Rec) when visiting campus, up to four times per year (excludes Purdue employees)
- Special travel opportunities with the President and University leadership
- President’s Council Distinguished Pinnacle Award
- Concierge service: the President’s Council staff stands ready with on-campus resources to assist you with planning your next visit to campus.