The Purdue Alumni Club of Washington DC is a Purdue Alumni Association-recognized club for Purdue Alumni living in the Washington DC area. The purpose of the club is to provide local and visiting alums with the following benefits:
- Student Programs
- Community Service
- Purdue Pride!
- Local Scholarships
- Alumni Gatherings
- Social Activities
- University Support
In all we do, we will embody the pride and spirit of Purdue University with a deep commitment to serve.
Our club constitution, updated March 2009, can be found here.
As of 2011, the Purdue Club of DC is the fourth largest Purdue Alumni club in the nation, behind Indianapolis, Chicago and Los Angeles.
There are over 5,000 Purdue alumni living in the metro Washington DC area! We hope you join us for some great activities throughout the year and come meet your fellow Boilermakers!
The Purdue Club of DC has raised over $30,000 to establish a scholarship endowment for students from the Greater DC Area. A portion of every club membership goes directly into the fund. Additional donations, which are tax-deductible through the Purdue Foundation, can be submitted to:
Purdue Foundation: Purdue University, University Development
Dick and Sandy Dauch Alumni Center
403 West Wood Street; West Lafayette, IN 47907
P: (765) 494-2727 or email@example.com if you have questions about what can be given as tax-deductible gifts
The Purdue Club of Washington, D.C. will be awarding at least $2000 in scholarship grants to several incoming Freshmen students entering Purdue University in the Fall of 2020. To be eligible for the scholarship, current high school seniors must meet several criteria. The candidate must:
- Reside in the Greater Washington DC area, defined as: Washington DC, Maryland, or Virginia.
- Have a cumulative 3.0 (out of 4.0 scale) GPA
- Submit their latest high school scholastic transcript
- Candidate is recommended (but not required) to include addition documentation on student’s academic and extracurricular achievements by way of a recommendation letter (two maximum).
Applications are due by March 1, 2021 and will be awarded on or before April 15, 2021, for the 2021–2022 academic year.
We hope to hear from you soon! Hail Purdue!
Recipient will be considered for their academic, merit, leadership, volunteer, and other such factors based on the application. Interviews may be required for final selection, the winner will be informed in the spring and recognized at the Purdue Club’s annual student picnic in the summer. (Note that while financial need may be considered by the Committee, it is not a determining factor. For information on how to apply for financial assistance, please contact the Purdue University Division of Financial Aid at (765) 494-5050)
Past recipients of the Club Scholarship, which was first awarded in 2003, are:
- 2003: Dana Lattibeaudiere (South Lakes High School, Reston, VA)
- 2004: Walter Williams (Stonewall Jackson, Manassas, VA)
- 2005: Caryl Spoden (GC Marshall High School, Falls Church, VA)
- 2006: Chris Borer (Robinson Secondary High School; Fairfax, VA)
- 2007: Katrina Roseland (Atholton High School; Columbia, MD)
- 2008: Olivia Bozik (Montgomery Blair High School; Silver Spring, MD); Angela Jump (Academy of the Holy Cross; Kensington, MD)
- 2009: Ashley Eidsmore (Science and Math Academy – Aberdeen, MD); Colleen Everett (Gaithersburg High School – Gaithersburg, MD)
- 2010: Jennifer Munley (Linganore High School – Mount Airy, MD); Tiana Hoffer (Robinson Secondary High School – Fairfax, VA)
- 2011: Lauren Jackson (Loudon County High School – Leesburg, VA); Jessica Place (Langley High School – McLean, VA)
- 2012: Allyson Grasso (Oakton, VA); Colleen Widmaier (McLean, VA)
- 2013: Leah Schroeder (Olney, MD); Christina Martini (Silver Spring, MD); Hanna Tso (Vienna, VA)
- 2014: Rachel Delmontagne (Herndon, VA); Gregory Hempenius (Sterling, VA); Gabrielle Lago (Finksburg, MD)
- 2015: Sydney Dolan (Clifton, VA); Trevor Moore (Fort Washington, MD); Matthew Wallace (Crofton, MD)
- 2016: Christina Bagnati (Woodbridge, VA); Jennifer Teefey (Darnestown, MD)
- 2017: Patrick Ramsey (Round Hill, VA); Christina Sabat (Fairfax, VA); Jason Kelly (Sterling, VA); Corin Smith (S. Riding, VA)
- 2018: Gheorghe Ciobanu; Emily Roddy
- 2019: Keme Eble; Rohan Chaturvedula; Joseph Sisle
Please feel free to contact Roy Beaumont, Scholarship Chair if you have any questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-412-5352.
Senior Director, Alumni Clubs and Networks, Purdue for Life Foundation