Q: How do I become a member of the Purdue Alumni Club of Central Iowa?
A: Contact Drew Brazie for information on joining. We encourage all members to also join the Purdue Alumni Association. Join now and enjoy the many great benefits.
Q: What’s the purpose of the club?
A: Networking, raising awareness of Purdue University, and creating scholarship opportunities for future Purdue students from the Central Iowa area.
Q: How do I know what’s going on with the club?
A: Keep your e-mail and mailing address current with your Purdue Alumni Association and you’ll receive continue to receive information about the local club. You can also become a fan of our Facebook page!
Q: Do I have to be a Purdue alumni to participate in the local club?
A: No, we welcome all Purdue fans to join in the fun.
Q: Are there family friendly activities?
We’re always on the look out for club volunteers! Current volunteer opportunities include:
- College Fair representatives
- The World Food Prize award activities (mid-October)
- More opportunities coming
Please share any volunteer interests you have with any club officer or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donate to our scholarship fund by clicking here!
Select “Purdue Alumni Club Scholarships” from the Designation Area field, then select “Central Iowa Scholarship” in the Select a Fund field.
Purdue Club Scholarship Information
Below are some of the terms and conditions for our club scholarship.
Please see the application form for complete terms and conditions. Please contact Drew Brazie for more information.
- The PURDUE CLUB OF CENTRAL IOWA SCHOLARSHIP is an award to enrolled recipients in amounts ranging from $500 to $1,500 annually.
- The applicant must be a resident of one of the following counties as of the date of application: Adair, Adams, Boone, Clarke, Dallas, Greene, Guthrie, Jasper, Lucas, Madison, Mahaska, Marion, Marshall, Monroe, Polk, Poweshiek, Story, Tama, Union, Wapello, and Warren.
- Focus shall be on applicants who are enrolled freshmen and new transfer students, but undergraduate students who are returning may also apply and will be considered.
- The scholarship award is contingent upon the applicant being formally accepted by PURDUE UNIVERSITY .
- All applicants must submit an application form to the PURDUE CLUB OF CENTRAL IOWA c/o Scholarship Chairperson by application deadline.
- The scholarship shall go only toward tuition and fees in two equal consecutive semester payments, beginning the 2nd semester.
- The scholarship recipient must maintain full time student status at PURDUE UNIVERSITY and maintain at least a GPA of 2.5 to receive the payment.
Applications are due by March 1, 2021 and will be awarded on or before April 15, 2021, for the 2021–2022 academic year.
We hope to hear from you soon! Hail Purdue!
Purdue Club of Central Iowa Scholarship Award Recipients
|Year of Award||Student Name||High School||Hometown|
|2017||Ryan Michael Hanson||Ames||Ames|
|2016||Ryan Michael Hanson||Ames||Ames|
|2016||Matthew Tornquist||Mason City||Mason City|
|2015||Ryan Michael Hanson||Ames||Ames|
|2015||MatthewTornquist||Mason City||Mason City|
|2014||Nathan Tornquist||Mason City||Mason City|
|2014||Kevin Porter||Roosevelt||Des Moines|
|2013||Kevin Porter||Roosevelt||Des Moines|
|2013||Nathan Tornquist||Mason City||Mason City|
|2012||Nathan Tornquist||Mason City||Mason City|
|2012||Kevin Porter||Roosevelt||Des Moines|
|2011||Nathan Tornquist||Mason City||Mason City|
|2011||Kevin Porter||Roosevelt||Des Moines|
|2010||Amy McCurdy||Iowa City West||Iowa City|
|2010||Eric Owens||West Des Moines Valley||West Des Moines|
|2010||Kevin Ruhs||West Des Moines Valley||West Des Moines|
|2010||Russell Travis Goff||Gilbert||Gilbert|
Assistant Director, Regional Outreach, Purdue for Life Foundation