12 or More Weeks Before the Event
- Confirm the event date with Purdue Alumni and set an RSVP date.
- Outline event program, including objectives, guest speaker, etc.
- Assign responsibilities.
- Establish event budget, including facility rental, food and supplies, decorations, printed materials, A/V equipment, door prizes, gratuities, etc.
- Calculate per-person event costs. Incorporate member/nonmember pricing.
10 Weeks Before the Event
- Select and reserve location. Things to consider:
- Is there convenient and adequate parking?
- Is there an acceptable billing arrangement?
- Is the room size appropriate for the crowd?
- Is the noise level too loud to have a speaker?
- Reserve A/V equipment, if needed.
- Set menu and arrange for bar service, if appropriate.
8 Weeks Before the Event
- Determine “staffing” needs for event, i.e. set-up assistance, a guest book/name tag table attendant, food servers, clean-up crew, etc. as needed.
- Recruit members to staff the event.
- Notify your regional liaison of any special needs for the event.
6 Weeks Before the Event
- Submit pre-event information for online for email and social media request.
- Order/purchase door prizes and other supplies.
3-4 Weeks Before the Event
- Purdue Alumni sends e-mail for event.
One Week Before the Event
- Prepare registration materials and name tags.
- Provide final count to facility managers and caterers, as needed.
- Send list of attendees to Purdue Alumni.
Day of the Event
- Arrive 1-2 hours prior to event for any set-up and to make sure facility is arranged properly.
- Recognize guests and speakers.
After the Event
- Mail thank-you notes to participants and/or helpers.
- Send post-event survey to attendees via email.
Organized by ________________________________________________________
Telephone _______________________ (daytime) _______________________(evening)
Mailing address ________________________________________________________
Email address ________________________________________________________
Event name ________________________________________________________
Purpose Target audience ________________________________________________________
Date ________________________ Time __________________________________
Expected attendance ________________________________________________________
Admission price: $ _________ Purdue Alumni members $ _________ Non-members $ _________
ESTIMATED TOTAL INCOME: $ _________
Facilities/room rental charges
Rental equipment (includes audio-visual, tents, risers, tables, chairs, etc.)
Promotional materials (signage, programs, flyers, etc.)
Transportation (includes buses, vans, parking, valets, and gratuities for drivers, etc.)
Miscellaneous (includes plaques, photos, speaker travel/expenses, and supplies, etc.)
ESTIMATED TOTAL EXPENSES: $_________
Other alumni volunteers who will assist with the event: